It is our greatest pleasure to invite you to the Oras! Mooting Competition’s final which takes place on Saturday 27 March 2021 at 2pm (UK time). First-year finalists will be competing on a topic of English Contract Law while second-year finalists will compete on a topic of English Criminal Law. All pleads will be in English.
Here is the Zoom Meeting link: https://essex-university.zoom.us/j/95285035164 (Meeting ID: 952 8503 5164).
We are very lucky to count on a wonderful panel composed of eminent professionals, specialists in their field:
- Mr Ian Forrester QC, former Judge at the European Court of Justice
- Lady Dorrian, Lord Justice Clerk of Scotland (to be confirmed)
- Mrs Sylvaine Poillot-Peruzzetto, Judge at the commercial chamber of the French Supreme Court (Cour de Cassation) and Professor at the University Toulouse 1 Capitole
- Dr Vivienne Forrest, Professor at the University Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne and Academic Director at the Franco-British Lawyers’ Society
- Mr Jean-François Le Gal, French Lawyer (Avocat), Barrister and President of the Féderation des Associations Françaises en Angleterre
Feel free to take a peek at our topics which are available on our LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/in/oras-mooting-competition/. We highly thank Dr Nikhil Gokani from the Essex Law School who provided us with the Contract Law topic!
We hope to see you there to support our Essex Representative, Clara Prillard!
Article written by Béatrice Lallemand
Founder and Organiser of Oras!
Essex President of the Association du Double-Diplôme Essex/France.